As a bride, you always dream of finding the one place that is gorgeous to look at, with a gorgeous view, and that has everything you are looking for in your wedding location. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing your wedding location.
1. Always keep in mind the time of year that you will be having your wedding. If it’s in July or December, an outdoors venue may not be your best option. You want the perfect place, but you also want to be able to enjoy it and have your guests and family enjoy it as well.
2. Make sure that the space is the appropriate size for your guest list. A large hall with only 75 guests may make your wedding seem bare, whereas a small hall with 200 guests may make it a challenge for everyone to move around for food, drinks, and entertainment.
3. Have a visual idea of where things would take place during your wedding, such as your first dance, the cake cutting, the bouquet toss, etc. Some venues have dining in one area, the cake in another area, and the dancefloor somewhere else. When it is all separated like that, make sure that either your DJ or band have appropriate sound equipment to cover all those areas, or the venue themselves may have a sound system built in to use for announcements, background music, toasts, etc.
4. If choosing an outdoor facility, make sure there is a back up plan in case of inclement weather. You do not want your wedding ruined because mother nature decided to stop by. Things like wind, rain, snow, or high heat can put an extra strain on a venue that is not prepared.
5. Last, but not least, make sure that your venue is able to let you use decorative touch ups such as drapery or uplighting to add to your decor and atmosphere. You want to make your wedding truly yours and add your personal touch to it.
No one said planning a wedding is easy and sometimes in the midst of it all, we may forget something or overlook a detail. We just want to make sure that the final result is something that you will be happy with for the rest of your life. Enjoy!