The way you are introduced and make your entrance into the reception area can make a lasting impact on the atmosphere on your guests and family members. Sure, a nice quiet entrance of the bride and groom where no one even knows you came in, can keep things moving without a big fuss, but let’s be honest, this is your wedding day, it is all about the big fuss, about being the center of attention and people celebrating along with you. Here are a couple of things that you want to keep in mind:
1. Include your wedding party in the introductions. They are your “supporting cast”, to stand by your side and be there for support and encouragement. Why not acknowledge them as well. Given the occasion they will not mind having some fun once the ceremony is over.
2. Think about the song or tune that you want to walk in to. It creates the atmosphere, the energy, the “soundtrack” for your presentation. Make it fit your style, your personality, make it fit you. We have included a list of some songs to look through just based on what we have used in past years from previous weddings.
3. Always remember, even though your wedding is considered a formal event, it is ultimately a celebration, a joyous occasion of two people coming together and the unification of 2 families. So celebrate, have fun, make it upbeat and entertaining and have a ball.
Here is a list of songs, in no particular order, that many couples have been introduced to.
– U2 – Beautiful Day
– Kool & The Gang – Celebration
– Metallica – Enter Sandman
– Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger
– Pink – Get The Party Started
– Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
– Justin Timberlake – Sexy Back
– Natalie Cole – This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)
– Ray Lamontagne – You Are The Best Thing
– AC/DC – You Shook Me All Night Long
– BT – Simply Being Loved
– Taio Cruz – Dynamite
– Van Halen – You Really Got Me
– Gary Glitter – Rock & Roll Part 2
– Michael Jackson – Wanna Be Startin’ Something